Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jeff Bradshaw



Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Benchmark Books and picked up Jeff Bradshaw's commentary on the book of Moses entitled "In God's Image and Likeness: Ancient and Modern Perspectives on the Book of Moses".

I spent a couple hours reading it yesterday and was not disappointed. I have heard him speak a few times and since becoming aware of him have been very impressed by his insights and scholarship. On the sidebar of this blog I have a link to a list of articles he has written for Meridian Magazine. I have read most of them and highly reccomend taking the time to read them carefully.

If Jeff Bradshaw's Moses commentary is out of your price range he has written a couple other books that are reasonably priced including: "Temple Themes in the Book of Moses" and "Temple Themes in the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood".

Several months ago he spoke at the "Temple on Mount Zion Conference" in Provo. His talk was entitled: "The Ark and the Tent: Symbolism in the Story of Noah". The talk is recorded and can be viewed here. As a caveat I need to warn you that watching him speak is a little like drinking from a fire hose. I always need to pause and rewind to digest what he is saying - it is fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment